This thread will be left unlocked so you can discuss the feature requests that have been listed here. Please do not make any feature requests in this thread.
The following is a list of features that have been requested before this forum was put up.
- [rFactor 2] Allow for RealRoad technology.
- Allow control points of splines to be constrained.
- Ensure a fast undo response.
- Copy Texture/Object Packs into local track folder. (See Note 1)
- Easy reload of updated objects/textures in Object/Texture Packs.
- Ensure that tracks can have a different number of sections per segment. (See Note 2)
- Make seamless transitions of different courses on multi-course tracks very easy.
- Allow customization of sky object.
- Allow overlay of the track and surrounding terrain onto a heightmap image.
- Linux or Wine compatibility.
- Make the track editor a global solution. (See Note 3)
- Track editor with blender support or as a blender plugin. (See Note 4)
- Sketchup Support (See Note 4)
- The plan is for stock tracks of each supported simulator to be it's own object/texture pack with automatic copying into local track folder.
- Because this track editor is made specifically to replace NR2003's Sandbox track editor, it will by nature be able to support a different number of sections per segment.
- I am interpreting "global solution" to mean "support for all racing simulators." The track editor will support a simulator if there is a DLL file for that simulator.
- Support for importing/exporting to external modeling tools will be done via DLL files.
The following is a list of features that have been requested on this forum. A link to the relevant topics will be provided along with a status color code beside the link.
- Nothing yet.
- None yet.